Hosstraders is no more. Welcome to NEAR-Fest. Mr. Mike has done an excellent job of putting together a successful fester at Deerfield, NH in short time. NEAR-Fest totally rocked for the following reasons:
– There was more of a community feel. There were fewer commercial vendors there. You got a sense that people were there for community as well as commerce.
– Much less computer junk. Hosstraders was overrun by computer stuff. I got there at noon on the 4th and there were tables with a very good selection of ham gear. /\/\ HT’s and mobiles, HF rigs, parts and pieces, AM boat anchors. But only four vendors dedicated to computer stuff.
– WA1HLR (beeellch!) was the MC at the door prize drawing.
– Attendance was waaay up. There was a buzz of excitement about this fester.
– Deerfield is a better location and is closer to home.
– NEAR-Fest was much noticeably less hamsexy than Hosstraders. I only counted two wackermobiles and much less BO than the former fester.
Now for the pics!
There’s a reason why this pile of shit is free.
Dont worry, OM, nobody is going to take your shit.
zOMFG, Whacker lights!11!!11!
Sponsored by The Parnership for a Drug-Free America.
This display is an enigma.
Segway: The only way to roll at NEAR-Fest. Werd.
Front view of wackermobile
Interior view of wackermobile
I’m reading a +20 on the wacker meter here.